toaster cookies

posted by sometrouble @ 7:33 PM | Test Category Two | Monday, January 07, 2008

I am thoroughly enjoying my evening alone tonight. I was sad to see the hubby go to work...but sometimes I just like to have some time to myself. I just made "toaster cookies" and have been wearing cozy fleece pants all day. Oh, by the way, I took that photo with my new Nikon 50mm/f1.8D AF lens.

It feels like I'm out of my holiday stressed blogging funk. I have lots of things I want to share here, and just have to try to find time to get photos together and compose some posts. Plenty of things stirring around in my head. I do wonder if anyone reads this anymore, though. I have to keep reminding myself that I don't care if nobody reads it. I don't broadcast the URL to everyone I meet. I do it for me. I know too many bloggers for whom blogging has ceased to be fun because of what other people think and say about their writing. It is nice to get a friendly comment or two now and then though.

That is one of my New Years resolutions. I read quite a few blogs on a regular basis. I rarely comment though. I often feel like I don't have anything witty or original to say that hasn't already been said in response. I want to start commenting more. To show my agreement or appreciation for what has been written, or just to uplift someone else's day. Even if I can't be the funniest or the most thoughtful commenter of the post, at least I am A commenter.

So, have a cookie...fresh from my toaster oven! Here's a glass of cold milk to go with it. Now let's enjoy each other's company!

5 Comments:

At January 08, 2008 4:18 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks for stopping by my site. I appreciate the comments you left.

Toaster oven cookies ... interesting, I've never tried that!

I'm in Rochester Hills ... very close indeed.

 
At January 09, 2008 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap, I'm sorry. I am the WORST reader/lack of commenter ever. I read through BlogLines and therefore I don't even have to click ON the blog to read. So I make my comments in my head (hello Lazy!) and move to the next blog. It's not because I don't care, it's just because sometimes (most times) I'm at work, in between jobs and I'm limited in time.

In any event, I DO read and I should make more of an effort to comment.

Now, can I have a cookie?

 
At January 10, 2008 9:58 PM, Blogger Emily said...

The cookies look SCRUMPTIOUS!!! :)

Its been a while. Hope you had a wonderful holiday and everything is going well.

 
At January 16, 2008 1:30 AM, Blogger Amber said...

I love cookies. Those look very nice and tasty. I have a hard time commenting also. Sometimes I only have time to post and then maybe comment on a few blogs. It is totally random how I do it. I do feel guilty when I can't comment...it makes me feel like a taker. I want to take the enjoyment of reading but not give anything in return. It is just hard to make time when your busy.

 
At January 16, 2008 6:28 PM, Blogger Liza said...

i still read! i check a few times a week :) I just am really really bad at commenting. i will be better i promise!!

those cookies look so tasty!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home