It figures

posted by sometrouble @ 9:23 AM | Test Category Two | Sunday, January 06, 2008

When the cable company says they'll be there between 8 AM and 12 PM, you usually expect them to come waltzing in at the last minute, right? Not today. Our doorbell rang at 8:05 AM. We were sleeping. Fun.

That doorbell was somehow thrust into my strange dream I was having at the time. I remember dreaming that I was at my grandmother's house talking on the phone with some random family member. The phone went dead and then the doorbell rang, because the person I was talking to had come to the door.

Anyway, the guy claimed he had called first...but none of our phones rang. I guess we shouldn't have stayed up until 2 AM watching Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Weird movie, by the way. Strangest one of the three.

Well, now that I'm up, I might as well join the masses at the grocery store. If you don't hear from me, I might have gotten run down in the baking aisle by some little old lady on a mission...

Update (10:47 AM): Apparently, the guy figured out after he drilled six holes in our roof that we can't get a signal from the satellite through our trees. Last week, a different tech assured us we could. CRAP CRAP CRAP. I am now in a bad mood. I don't think I want to cut down a huge beautiful oak tree just for some dumb TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home