Farewell 2007...bring on 2008!

posted by sometrouble @ 10:28 PM | Test Category Two | Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year everyone! ok...a couple days late...i've been busy, alright.

I hope everyone enjoyed the end of the old one in their own way...whether it was a big hurrah with friends and acquaintances or simple night at home staying up late with family or just spending the rolling over of 2359 to 0000 snuggled next to the one you love sound asleep.

I hadn't planned much of anything...I was actually somewhat disappointed in my lack of wild New Years Eve party plans. The last day of 2007 actually turned out perfectly, nonetheless.

It started around noon, when Chad and I went to my Grandparents' house to have a midday dinner with them before Chad had to go to work. It was really nice, just the four of us spending time together over a meal of traditional German Rouladen. (One of my favorites!) We often get together with my Grandparents, but it usually includes the whole local family. It was nice to have just an intimate afternoon with this wise couple. They have always been very special to me, and I feel very lucky that we have such a close relationship. I see that there is so much Chad and I can learn from them, they have remained committed to each other through hard times and happy times for over fifty years!

Since we had arrived in one car, I had to run Chad over to work at 2 PM. I then went back to my grandparents' house and spent the rest of the afternoon helping them learn how to use the digital camera we gave them for Christmas, and just having a nice visit.

I then headed over to my friend's house and we hung out at her sister's, where she was house sitting, watching the food network (one of the channels i miss from cable TV). We had great fun drinking tea and making cheater chocolate chip cookies in the toaster oven.

I picked Chad up at 11 PM, and expected to just head home and cuddle with him while welcoming in the new year on TV. He asked if I wanted to go to one of his co-worker's house for a party. Sure, why not? We went and had so much fun with a huge group of people (most of who I had never met before). And when we left around 2:30 AM, a couple of inches of snow had appeared. It was really surreal looking...the freshly fallen wet snow coating all the tree branches in the quiet night. I love how when it is snowing at night, the normal night time darkness isn't present, and it almost feels like you should be out playing in it. I would have taken a picture, but I was a few drinks past taking any decent ones.

The best part is, due to a series of unrelated coincidence events, I got to have a 5 day vacation for the new year from a workplace that doesn't shut down for holidays. Going back to work today wasn't THAT bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home