Black Friday Treasure

posted by sometrouble @ 7:42 PM | Test Category Two | Sunday, November 25, 2007

Yep. I must be crazy. I went shopping on "Black Friday"...at 4 AM, when Kohl's opened. What was I thinking? Oh and I dragged the husband along too. haha.

We first went to Kohl's which as I mentioned, opened at 4 AM. Why? I don't know. Stupid idea, if you ask me. We walked in at about 4:30, and the lines to check out were already wrapped all the way around the store. I stuck Chad in line, and went around getting the things I wanted. $80 sheets for $20, boots for 65% off, a $90 cashmere argyle sweater for $30 (which I wanted last year and never got), among other things. We stood in line for at least an hour just waiting to PAY and LEAVE. At this point, I almost called it quits and went home back to bed.

The next stop was Target which had opened at 6 AM, and by the time we made it out of Kohl's it was 6:10. Chad dropped me off at the door, and I ran to the electronics department to get the Guitar Hero III special edition pack that we decided at the last minute the night before that we would get. We had been guitar hero virgins until last week at a party where Chad played it and said it was a lot of fun. So we've joined the masses who love it. Breaking it in tonight when he gets home from work. I also picked up a sewing machine there...and you should have seen me carrying the 20 lb. Singer sewing machine and the unwieldy game box. Big lines were starting to form here too, but we ducked over to customer service to check out before anyone else figured out that you could do that.

After that we went to Kmart, which was pretty quick in and out. Then Meijer's, which also wasn't bad...except that I thought the phone I wanted was sold out until we found one someone had apparently put down in the wrong place. Then we went home to unload everything. While unloading we decided to go back to Kmart for some more Christmas shopping...we figured the one we were at first would be sold out of what we wanted by now, so we hit a different store. Unfortunately they were sold out...so back to the first one, who had plenty of stock left.

Our final stop was Lowe's to get tile for our basement project. We picked up a nice looking ceramic tile that we had been planning on getting anyway for $0.58/sq. ft. when the regular price was $0.98/sq. ft. We're going to use it for the laundry room and the kitchenette in the basement.Here's the stuff, minus the tile, the sewing machine, and an electric mattress pad. We got our Christmas Shopping done for 5 people, and picked up some great deals on things we needed (or wanted).

I'll have to write about what I did for the rest of the day another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home