Christmastime

posted by sometrouble @ 1:50 PM | Test Category Two | Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I like Christmastime. I like the decorations everywhere (not so much right after Halloween). I love the extra time spent with friends and family. I love the snow on pine boughs outside my window. I love having an excuse to listen to Mannheim Steamroller Christmas CDs. Last year I was very fortunate to get to go see (and hear) Chip Davis and the band in concert. It blew me away!

This year, I have asked hubby to take me to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra the day after Christmas, we both happen to be off work that day. I don't know if he will though. I wonder if it will be as good as Mannheim Steamroller.

Tonight we are going to an informal Christmas party for the guys involved in a certain project at my husband's work. Last year, we met for dinner and then most of the couples went to another bar to hang out. It was one of the best nights out I've ever had.

Last night, some really close friends called us at 12:30 AM. They are expecting their second baby in ten days, and she had been having contractions for over three hours. The were coming 5 minutes apart, so they thought they should head to the hospital. Chad was already sleeping because he had to be up early for work. So I tossed some things in a bag and drove over to their house to stay while their two year old daughter slept. Unfortunately, the baby wasn't quite ready, and they came home around 4:30 AM. It should be soon though. I am so excited for them!

Now I gotta go brave the crowds doing the one thing I don't love about Christmastime, shopping and exchanging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home