This sucks!

posted by sometrouble @ 3:58 PM | Test Category Two | Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Well, technically it doesn't...anymore. I'm talking about my vacuum. Just in time for Halloween, I have a vacuum graveyard in my front entry. We have done in TWO cleaning suction machines in under a year. Maybe I should clarify...he and his furriness has killed the vacuums. To be fair, they were both given to us second-hand. They worked just fine when we got them, though. Here is another photo for your amusementClick for a full view to see the expression on his face. I love it.

I need vacuum recommendations. I've never had to shop for a vacuum, and I have no idea where to start. I can read the reviews online...but I trust personal recommendations more than an online consumer review. What do you use? What do you love? What do you hate? Are Dysons really as great as they're made out to be? What about Orecks? Please comment before the cat fur takes over my carpeting!

4 Comments:

At October 30, 2007 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have the Dyson Animal and with 5 cats and a very large dog, we need it and LOVE it! It works great and is super easy to clean out (cannister, no bags).

 
At October 30, 2007 7:11 PM, Blogger sometrouble said...

Thanks soozieq, we are actually considering the Dyson Animal DC17. We tried "the ball" one...and didn't like controlling it.

 
At October 31, 2007 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have one of the lightweight Bissel carpet cleaners which actually made to replace a regular vacuum, and I LOVE it. It gets more dirt and cat hair out of my carpets then you can imagine and it isn't one of those huge, bulky, expensive carpet cleaners that are a pain in the butt to use. I can actually get it up and down the stairs without too much trouble. You might want to take a look at some of those because they are another good option.

 
At November 02, 2007 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily,

I hope all is well. We have a Dyson and we absolutely love it. My mom has and Orek and loves hers because it is so light weight and easy to use. My parents have a cat and a dog and both shed like crazy. My mother in Law had the same Dyson as we have in fact they gave us ours. As you know my In laws have like 5 cats right now and use to have 6.

Sara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home