Christmas Parties, Grumpy Cats, and Photoshoots

posted by sometrouble @ 8:59 PM | Test Category Two | Saturday, December 02, 2006

Last night was my husband's work Christmas party. He works with almost all men...and only male employees went to last night's party...but they all brought their wives or girlfriends. It was really fun. We started out at an Italian restaurant. Good food, fun company, drinks, and a great time was had. Some of the couples with kids who were home with babysitters called it a night after that...the rest of us headed over to another bar...where a couple of the guys knew the managers and bouncers well. We were treated like VIPs. The manager brought us complimentary drinks, and made sure we always had refills. Both managers brought the shot girl over to our table on two separate occasions and bought us all a round of shots. We joked and laughed and drank until after the bar closed. We didn't leave until almost an hour past closing time. I don't know who started it, but by the end of the night we were all "doing faces". We would go around the table taking turns making a silly face...a different one each time. It was so funny. I would love to go out with that bunch again, I had the most fun out that I've had in a long time.

Between 7:00 PM and 2:00 AM I had 5 pint sized glasses of raspberry stoli and lemonade, two red-headed s1ut shots, and two "raspberry martini" shots. They were all great, but this morning I was sorry. I had the whoppingest hangover ever. My headache was almost as bad as a migraine, I was dizzy, and so dehydrated that my arm and leg muscles ached. I drank 6 8 oz glasses of water, and am feeling much better...but it still kinda left me feeling "off" all day. Last night was so worth it though.

We picked up Cato this morning, and boy was he grumpy. He really let us know what he thought about being at the vets overnight and being in a cat carrier and in the car. He can be so sassy and mouthy sometimes. He is doing well though...curled up on my lap sleeping right now, as a matter of fact.

I had my first "official" photoshoot today. "Official" as in: they called Monday, and wanted to set up a time to come over and have me photograph their 2 1/2 year old daughter...and I had backdrops and lights and props. It went well. I am happy. Only one temper tantrum about the black backdrop being "not nice"...and some protesting the Santa hat her parents wanted her to wear. But she declared everything "stylish". She LOVED Chad's old wooden rocking horse and rocking chair. And was captivated by my little 4 foot Christmas tree. I am photographing her cousins tomorrow. Another 2 1/2 year old girl and her little sister who is 1. Should be slightly more challenging. Pray for good moods and their parents and I to have patience. I will share some photos from today when I finish post processing them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home