Should be an interesting once in a lifetime night

posted by sometrouble @ 11:18 PM | Test Category Two | Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tomorrow night, Chad and I are going to a party. He kept telling me that there were supposedly going to be "several big name bands from past years" there. But he couldn't remember any names. So I didn't give it much thought.

Tonight he tells me the names...and I have to admit...one or two sounded familiar...but I couldn't tell you anything they sang...or even what type of music they played. Maybe they'll mean something more to someone else. I guess the fact that most of the hits were way before my time is why I didn't jump right out of my seat in excitement at hearing the names. In any case...I appreciate me some oldies and goodies...and I'm really looking forward to a really unique night of hearing some classic bands at an intimate party.

So on the bill tomorrow night are:
Foghat
Blue Oyster Cult
Badfinger
Rare Earth
Mitch Ryder
I wanted to link some youtube examples of their songs...but I couldn't figure out how right now. Maybe tomorrow.

3 Comments:

At September 20, 2007 7:55 AM, Blogger nodakademic said...

I have always had distain for modern music. Growing up all I listened to was our "oldies" and "classic rock" stations and occasionally some of my mom's old vinyl. So.. woohoo, that's going to be fun!!

 
At September 20, 2007 2:28 PM, Blogger Kat said...

MORE COWBELL MORE COWBELL!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tt8bJdmUlSo

(Blue Oyster Cult)

 
At October 04, 2007 10:36 AM, Blogger Liza said...

MORE COWBELL!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home