success!

posted by sometrouble @ 9:11 AM | Test Category Two | Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Well, the Southern Living at Home Party went really well! I was kind of bummed out thursday night, because I was about $45 short in orders to getting anything free. However, I got six more people's orders yesterday, and closed the party. I ended up getting $250 worth of stuff free!!! This month was "double hostess rewards" month. So instead of getting 15% of my total sales free, I got 30%...then I also got four items for half off. Plus I bought the two hostess specials they had...which were each 60% off the original price.

I know it is confusing...but stay with me here. So, all the stuff i got, is worth $452.40 if I had bought it straight out (before 6% sales tax or shipping). Yikes, the hubby would have killed me! I do have to pay the sales tax on everything, but at least the tax on the half off items is based on the sale price. I do not have to pay any shipping. So, I will be getting 13 wonderful items for my new house and to give away as gifts...for less that a quarter of the cost!!! I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED!!! I can't wait for it all to arrive! Thank you everybody who placed orders...I am sure you will love your stuff! I also have to thank my mom for her major help getting me to decide what I should order!

If anyone is considering having one of these parties...I really encourage you to. I didn't think I would like doing it, but I had so much fun!

2 Comments:

At August 02, 2006 10:52 PM, Blogger Kat said...

I went to one of those types of parties once... except it was for naughty things.

HEE HEE.

 
At August 03, 2006 10:09 AM, Blogger sometrouble said...

hehe, I went to a "wicks and dicks" party once too. (they also had candles) I went with Chad's mother...a few years before we were married...it was a bit strange and awkward. Ok, A LOT strange and awkward!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home