New house

posted by sometrouble @ 11:24 PM | Test Category Two | Sunday, July 23, 2006

Here are a few photos of the new house. I have a few more, from my camera phone, I will maybe post later-on. I am showing you the front of the house...but not telling where it is located. :o) Also, keep in mind, the stuff in the house all belongs to the current owners...it is a little too "country" for my taste. (Click them for larger views)

Here is the front of the house and a little bit of the backyard. I know it looks like all garage...but there are so many trees in the yard, that it is hard to see the house...which I like. The smallish tree next to the driveway is a cherry tree, I think.I don't know if the fruit will be any good...but I've seen photos of it flowering beautifully in the spring. Also, those bushes under the tree will flower around the same time. Those are woods behind our yard...no houses! It has many large trees on the property...but still gets quite a bit of sun especially in the backyard.

This is our great room. I really like the front window, which you can see a little better in the second picture. The green walls are not too bad for now...but, I think I may get tired of them in the future. Luckily, they should look pretty nice with the furniture we have now (I hope).

A few angles of the kitchen, unfortunately they don't show much of the room. The cabinets are pine and are really nice construction. They have corner cabinets with lazy susans in them, and all the lower cupboards have roll-out shelves! There are stools on the other side of the breakfast bar (top photo), and also plenty of room for a large table. The wallpaper border (middle photo), is a little too cutesy country...I think we will probably take it down...but I hope the wall is painted under there. Because re-painting the kitchen means re-painting the entire living room since they are connected. I love that pantry in the bottom photo! It is so deep...and all the shelves slide out for easy access! They are really sturdy, too!

PINK WALLS! They will be quick to go! I have to figure out what color to paint instead. Hubby doesn't really seem to care...he said he trusted my judgement after I told him I wasn't thinking anything to "wild". :o) Our bedding is dark red and ivory. Any suggestions? There are just too many colors to choose from at the hardware store. I guess I could start by deciding what brand paint to use. Suggestions?

This bedroom I think I will be painting blue. Probably a light blue something really really pale...and maybe kinda grayish. I don't want it too "pretty"...but I have blue bedding and blue fabric for curtains for this room...and I have collected alot of blue decor items like candles and vases over the years, which will probably go in here. Those curtains will be coming down...if the owners don't take them with them.

This bedroom has double glass french doors (which you can see close-up in the 2nd half of the picture). It is almost across the hall from the kitchen, and we will also use it as an office for the time being. I actually like the color of the walls in this room...so no changes needed. Well, except for the fact that this house has no empty corners...and my computer desk is a corner desk with tall shelves above it. So I will have to shop for new office furniture.

Last, but not least, we have the garage. Ok men, good thing you were paying attention up until now...here's the part you've been waiting for. It is a two car attached garage, but it has this extra space behind where the cars go, so you can work out there. I actually think that is quite cool, because then you don't take away from your vehicle space. I also love the shelves built right into the wall. We also plan on building a shed eventually and finishing the basement, which is quite huge...with 10 foot ceilings. I would like to build a deck or patio off the back too...it has a little porch off the back doorwall, but it is very little.

I have a few more shots I can post later on. For now, I hope you enjoyed these.

1 Comments:

At July 25, 2006 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like a very lovely home!!
So glad that it is yours!
It will be fun to play homemaker and have some place to nest in and call your own.

I'll have to come visit soon and see it myself :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home