We are a tabby household

posted by sometrouble @ 11:06 PM | Test Category Two | Tuesday, July 24, 2007


Meet our new member of the family. Our baby kitty. He doesn't have a name yet, so I am open to suggestions. I don't want anything cliche like "Fluffy" or "Tiger", though. Ok, well Chad has been calling him Rambo...which I insist is NOT his name...which only makes him do it more just to irritate me.We got him two weeks ago. I was being a bad wife and looking at kitties I knew I couldn't have on petfinder.com. Chad wasn't so keen on the idea of getting another cat (more work...and we are both kind of busy at this point). But there were kind of these shared unspoken guilty feelings over leaving Cato alone in the house all day. I hate to be alone...just having another life here comforts me...even if all he does is meow at me. Ok now I am just rambling. In truth, I went to the pet food store near my house to check out a different kitten...only 9 weeks old. That's when I saw this guy. He was 4 months. And showed so much more personality than the little ones. He is so sweet and affectionate and seems to live only to curl up on my lap and purr loudly. Every time I sit down on the couch, he comes meowing loudly up to me as if to scold me for even being up and about. Well, I managed to get Chad into the store under the ruse of needing more cat food (we actually did), and I plunked that purring kitten on his shoulder. He wanted to stay tough, but he couldn't say no...and I could tell he loved him too. You could almost think that he and Cato were related by the coloring...except new kitty is a little lighter and more brown. Cato isn't quite sure about sharing his space...but the baby is fearless and persistent. He will walk right up to Cato and meow in his face. Cato doesn't really know what to make of that, and he usually does a little backwards jump and runs off. Cato gives up everything to the little one. He lets him eat his food, and sleep on his favorite perch by the window. Little one sleeps at my feet at night now. But Cato gets pissed if the little one is by "his dad" (Chad). He could care less about me...but he gets so jealous when Chad touches the new kitten. Here are some photos of Cato for comparison, and sorry for making such a cat obsessed post. This first one was shortly after we got him. He was about 6 weeks old. He had such a cute little funny face and big ears and those bright green eyes! Not much of that has changed. He is one of those cats who doesn't often express the squinty cat face...but more often has a wide eyed crazed look about him. The new baby...he already looks like a grouchy old cat...always half closed sleepy eyes. I feel really good about giving both of them a safe warm home, and I really really hope they get to be snuggle buddies. Cato was born in some one's garage or shed or backyard. He would ave grown up stray, most likely. Thankfully the man whose yard it was was able to catch him, and we stumbled on him needing a home a year ago. I wonder what became of his family? This new baby was also from a rescue. The woman told us he was in real bad shape when she got him three weeks before we found him. He had so many fleas, that he had become anemic, and had a heart murmur. He recovered from the murmur, and has had the proper vet attention, and should be just fine. Look at Cato rifling through my purse! He can be such a little stinker sometimes. I love my boys! <3

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 24, 2007 9:06 AM, Blogger Melanie Marie said...

I'm blaming YOU if I go out and get a cat this week!! All YOUR fault! Too cute!

 
At July 25, 2007 12:07 AM, Blogger Allie said...

aww, they are sooo cute!

I can't wait to meet them when I visit!

 
At July 28, 2007 9:49 PM, Blogger Liza said...

awww!! New Kitty is SOOOO CUTE!! Since Chris says I can never again get anymore kitties, I will share some name ideas that I had.

Mordecai.
Milton.
Mr. Tvo. (Actually, that is the word verification...)
Merrick.

Apparently I like "m" names.

Gordon.
Ferris.
Nash.

That's enough I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home