So sweet

posted by sometrouble @ 12:46 PM | Test Category Two | Sunday, July 08, 2007

Cato chillin' on the carpet...junk flapping in the breeze (well what's left of it)...no dignity, I tell you.

not my photo (stolen from the internet)I am addicted to Thai Iced Tea. I really dig it's super sweet creamy goodness. Every time I get Thai food, I order one now. I haven't found a place where I didn't care for it yet. The other day when i ordered Thai carryout at work, I actually ordered TWO...and saved one for the ride home. It is sooo sweet though, and I can only imagine the havoc it is wreaking on my teeth. I can see my dentist's disapproving look now...shaking his head and wagging his finger at me..."shame shame shame."

I have been trying to figure out how to make Thai Iced Tea at home...there are millions of recipes online calling for weird spices...there are instant Thai tea powders you can buy...and their are liquid concentrates. I think I'm going to start asking the restaurants I order from how they make it. Anyone have a tried and true method?

In other news, we are probably getting another kitty tomorrow. (If I can find our cat carrier, we will be picking him up between 9:30 and 10:30.) We feel that Cato needs a companion...and I want a cuddly cat. The one we picked out, is a rescue that I stumbled on at the pet food store nearby. I went in to see a 9 week old buff colored Persian kitten, but fell in love with the personality of a 4 month old golden tabby main coon. He is so very sweet and loving. He lays relaxed in your arms, and purrs like crazy. He loves having his face scratched and comes to "ask" you for attention by pushing his face in your hand. Cato doesn't do that...he scampers off after one or two pats on the head usually. I always wanted a kitten...and we got Cato at about 5 weeks. I got my kitten fix...and now I think it wiser to go for one a little older, so I know more of its personality. I am determined to make this one "MY" cat. Cato is so much "Chad's cat". Even though I'm the one who brought him home...I'm the one who feeds him treats...I'm the one who shares my yogurt and gives him my cereal and ice cream bowls to lick. He would rather be held by Chad. He lays on Chad's chest in bed and purrs. He randomly jumps up at Chad's chest expecting to be caught and loved. He just sasses at me to feed him. And only lets me hold him when Chad's not around. Traitor.

So I'm gonna need name input. He deserves a really good name...and not one that involves a 10 minute explanation like "Cato". Oh, and I'm not naming him "Trogdor" either...at least i don't think so. :o)

I also want to know...what was wrong with this Boston Red Sox player's parents when they named him "Coco Crisp"??? And what was wrong with him, that when he went into pro baseball, he didn't change his name???

Ok, I know his real name is "Covelli Loyce"...and "Coco" is a nickname. But I still think it is hilarious.

5 Comments:

At July 10, 2007 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the new cat. I am so glad we got Luigi for Boo to play with, the are inseperable. They sleep together, play together, explore everything together and no to mention get each other in trouble. It is pretty funny if you think about it. As a tip, Cato may not like the new one right away and hiss a few times. Boo batted at Luigi a few times before he let Luigi get close to him. Buy the cat "Qwik Baths" at Meijer or any pet supplier. They are cloths with bath stuff in it for even the stinkiest cats. However, it will make them smell similar to each other, so they will be more apt to accept each other quicker if they smell alike. I made sure that when we came home, we petted Boo first when we came in the door so he never felt he lost "his dominance" that only cats can get. Now we don't have a problem with either of them. Well if you don't count Boo STILL getting on the counters and kitchen table we I am not looking! Good luck! -Jenelle

 
At July 11, 2007 12:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha Trogdor. YES. That name is going on the "potential dog name" list. Looools.

 
At July 11, 2007 6:34 PM, Blogger Liza said...

Cato is soooo cute!!!!!!

I LOVE ice tea! I'm addicted to it. I also love hot tea. Everyone gets me tea bags for Christmas LOL! Great stocking stuffer :)

 
At July 18, 2007 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you a christian?

 
At July 20, 2007 11:17 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Cato is soooooooo fluffy! And I want two kitties! Phoebe is a terror! But I have to wait until I get back from Cuba.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home