this is how it works

posted by sometrouble @ 10:20 AM | Test Category Two | Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I am in love with Regina Spektor's voice! And her lyrics! And her music! You can listen to parts of all her songs on her site. It loads fast...under "music". I first heard her song "fidelity" on Grey's Anatomy. I didn't know it was her...and had never heard of her. But I searched the internet for what the song was. Then I listened on her site. Then I ordered the CD "Begin to Hope" from Amazon.com. I've listened to it 4 or 5 times in the last two days. Her songs really make sense in a non-sensical lyric kind of way. And her rhythm rocks!

From one of her songs, "On the Radio":
This is how it works
You're young until you're not
You love until you don't
You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry
You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe
Until their dying breath

No, this is how it works
You peer inside yourself
You take the things you like
And try to love the things you took
And then you take that love you made
And stick it into some
Someone else's heart
Pumping someone else's blood
And walking arm in arm
You hope it don't get harmed
But even if it does
You'll just do it all again
The first section makes life seem so simple. Throw love in...and it all works differently. Life is so much simpler without loving someone...but I wouldn't trade what I've got for simplicity. I love the complicated life he gives me.

In typical Me fashion (with the procrastination and tardiness), this is my Valentine's Day post...better late than never, right?

1 Comments:

At March 01, 2007 4:08 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I love her too... I love "Sweetest Downfall". Such a cool song!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home