Oh the places you'll go!

posted by sometrouble @ 11:57 AM | Test Category Two | Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Woke up this morning just before the alarm. Our room was dark and I just laid there between my sleeping husband and kitten listening to the pouring rain. The crisp air smelt fresh and I snuggled deeper under the covers wishing I didn't have to move at all this morning.

Lazy Lightning's recent wedding and honeymoon trip as well as Numine and Rachemicah's annual trip to Glacier National Park has gotten me thinking about trips I REALLY want to take. Here's a list of the places Chad and I want to go together (preferably before we have kids), in some sort of order of likelyhood to actually happen:

~ Niagara Falls (I've been many times...he's never seen it)
~ Chicago (Pretty close to us, he's been there, I never have.)
~ Mackinac Island (This is where Chad proposed to me on my first trip there two years ago. We both love it, and want to go back MANY times.)
~ The Bruce Peninsula in Ontario, Canada. (Camped with my family as a child there, my mom and sister went camping there last year, and will probably go again, so we can go with them.)
~ Michigan's Upper Peninsula Been there camping as a child, want to see it again!
~ South or North Manitou Island or both...backpacking and camping!
~ San Diego (I've been once, didn't get to go to the zoo, he's never been to CA!)
~ New England I have no concept of what this area is like, I would like to see and experience it with Chad.
~ Road Trip Out West (I want to drive all over, and see everything...did you know that I-94 goes all the way from the Port Huron, Michigan/Sarnia, Ontario border to Billings, Montana?
~ Idstein Germany (and all over the country, that is the town I spent 3 months living in with my grandparents who lived there a year.)

That's all I can come up with at this moment. Where do YOU want to go? Comment your lists...or post them on your own blog (just tell me, so I can come see)...or even tell me just ONE place you dream of visiting. If anyone DREAMS of Detroit...I can help with that! I'm making this into my own made-up meme of sorts...and if nobody answers, I will be FORCED to start TAGGING people! Mwahahahahaha!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At September 12, 2006 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. A lot of your places are very achievable, which is awesome. you could even kill a few birds with one stone if you took a road trip sometime!

New England is very different, and SO beautiful (houses and buildings hundreds of years old, etc). Bring your camera! CZ and I visited Boston and Salem in 2004 with his family (see my gallery), and I have been to Nova Scotia and highly recommend it.

Places I'd like to go?

Well... some island/paradise destination, sometime (Bahamas, Hawaii, Cancun, whatever). We're not very 'islandy' type people, which is exactly why I think it'd be different and fun.

The grand canyon, because I think everyone should see it and I haven't.

Back to the Banff area to spend some serious time.

Back to Nova Scotia because I was 13 last time, and VERY teenaged about the whole family vacation ordeal.

To see my mom and dad in the east.

To see CZ's family in the west.

Seattle to see various friends.

Europe (thinking France, Spain, Germany)

Japan (because it would be SO strange to me)

 
At September 12, 2006 3:29 PM, Blogger sometrouble said...

Oh yea...we want to go on a cruise at least once. I've heard some people don't like it...and I might prefer to have freedom to go wherever...but I hear Alaska cruises are amazing!

I haven't seen the grand canyon yet either...that would be on the "to see" list if we went driving.

You should go to St. Martin. It was perfect...we went for our honeymoon. Not too ritzy...but TONS of fun. The island is small enough that it was easy to find things to keep us occupied when there. Chad's not one fore sitting on the beach 24/7, so we rented a car and had adventures...I should blog the trip...never got around to that.

 
At September 14, 2006 9:16 AM, Blogger nodakademic said...

My aunt and her husband went on an Alaskan cruise and LOVED it.

 
At September 16, 2006 5:18 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Let's see... I bet I can wing a few out:

-Greece, Italy, and Southern France (possibilities for a honeymoon :)

-Central Africa

-The Seychelles, off the African coast

-The US VI, especially St. John's, with Justin to scuba

-Back to Kyoto and Tokyo, though I've already seen them, and especially Kyushu because I didn't get a chance to go there

-Alaska, for wildlife photography and backpacking

-The Canyonlands in Utah, for backpacking

-Patagonia, with Justin's dad next spring

and finally...

-Antarctica because it's like nowhere else on earth

 
At September 17, 2006 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...lets see...

Arches National Park in Utah

Grand Canyon

Joshua Tree in CA

Colorado

Paris, Rome, Moscow, Venice, Greece, Switzerland, Africa, Australia, New Zeland

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home