moving date!

posted by sometrouble @ 5:48 PM | Test Category Two | Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I heard from the previous owner of our new house today. She said they have set their moving date for September 22nd. So we can move in anytime after that. That's just over two weeks away! I can't believe it. I am so very excited to be in the new house. At the same time, though, I'm a little sad to be moving so far away from where we are right now. Here, we are both less than 10 minutes from work by car...and I can go home and see the hubby on my lunch hour. Where we are moving, it will be at least a 30 minute drive...going home for lunch will be out of the question. We are right near a very popular little suburban downtown area with many independent shops and restaurants...and I feel like we haven't taken advantage of that enough. I love the area we are in...just not so much the tiny upper flat...and there is no way we could afford a decent house here...prices (and taxes) are astronomical. We both have always said we want to live out where we will be moving to...but it is just hard, because everyone we know is nowhere near there. I will miss the little place we have just a tiny bit, because it is the first place we both lived in on our own after living with parents...and it is the first place we shared together.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 07, 2006 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, good luck with the move! we just moved last month and even though it was a huge pain in the butt, we love our new house sooo much!!

 
At September 07, 2006 5:45 PM, Blogger sometrouble said...

thanks! I'm going to start packing some un-necessary things into boxes already. As it is now...it looks like we exploded all over the tiny apartment!

 
At September 08, 2006 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats! :)

hows things around Henkel?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home