Happy Birthday Baby!

posted by sometrouble @ 5:09 PM | Test Category Two | Thursday, August 31, 2006

(warning: sentimental mush to follow)
Today is my husband's birthday. I don't think he usually reads my blog...he knows about it...just doesn't check it. He asked me once to just tell him verbally what I write every time I post. I don't see the point...so I don't. But he knows where to find this. Anyway, I do want to write about him. I found this quote one day on some wedding forum back when I was planning the big event and it is really perfect even though I know it sounds really cliché. I think it may have gone around as a chain letter at one time, but I don't care.
Find a man who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep...wait for the man who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. Wait for the one who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares about you and how lucky he is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, "that's her"
All of those things are exactly my husband, and I love that. He told me once that he told his best friend after we had been dating a short time that "if this relationship lasts a year, I am probably going to marry her." And he did...but it took four years for that to happen. :o)

I am so thankful that I found Chad because:
He is my best friend.
The sense of security I feel by being with him.
He makes me feel beautiful and loved.
All the great times we have shared together.
When I am with him I never feel alone.
The sense of completeness I feel with him.
With his support I feel like I can face or achieve anything.
I can be myself around him.
He makes me laugh.
He loves me for who I am.

I love him so much! Happy Birthday Honey!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 01, 2006 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, that post is really sweet! I love when Chris calls me beautiful instead of hot. Sometimes I have to remind him that hot isn't really a compliment much anymore these days. I'd much rather be beautiful than hot. I love that picture too! Your dress is beautiful (at least from the back LOL!)

Have a great weekend!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home