less is more...???

posted by sometrouble @ 5:05 PM | Test Category Two | Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I've been fiddling with the template again...tweaking colors. I switched the unvisited, visited, and active link colors around to make it most easily read. I think the light color serves better as an "active link" indicator, and the darker reddish color (which I changed slightly from the one I had before) is better for visited links, while the medium tone is used for all links unvisited...because it is easier on the eyes. I was much annoyed by that light color...I liked it, and it looked fine on my oh-so-fabulous billion year old monitor at work, but on my laptop with its bright screen, it was barely detectable from the white background.
This brings me to my next dilemma. Should I do anything to the background? I am not sure I like all my content sqooshed into the middle of the page...but it is nice to not have to scroll left and right in a less than full sized window. I just think there is too much vast white emptiness. I don't want to overdo anything though...and I am committed to keeping it readable.
One more question: Do you think the gray looks horrible with the color scheme inspired by the banner picture? The gray was incorporated into the previous theme...and for simplicity (and a lack of patience) I didn't remove it. I'm thinking it might be too much of a "cool" color for the warm peachy tones?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home