posted by sometrouble @ 11:37 AM | Test Category Two | Tuesday, June 10, 2008


Guess what I was doing last night?
Enjoying the Dave Matthews Band in concert for the first time!
My husband gave me the most awesome birthday gift ever! I have been a fan for over 11 years...and always wanted to see them live, but never had the chance. He knew that, and got me tickets for my birthday. What a sweetie!

This poster hung on my bedroom wall before I got married. It was a gift from my then new step cousin, who also happened to be a huge fan. I suppose if she hadn't moved to California, I probably would have gone to a concert at some point with her. I'm kind of glad I didn't though. During the show Chad leaned over and said "I'm so glad I get to share this with you." Which is exactly how I felt. I wouldn't have wanted to see it any other way.

We saw the show at DTE Energy Music Theatre in Clarkston, MI. It is a very nice venue. You can purchase either pavilion tickets or lawn tickets (cheaper). I am so glad we had pavilion seats, because there was a fantastic thunderstorm during the show. It was perfect! Two of my favorite things, Dave Matthews and a good storm!

One of my first favorite songs of theirs was "Satellite." I remember recording the music video off of MTV on VHS. I'm pretty sure I still have the tape somewhere.

Last night's playlist was:

Everyday
Warehouse
Corn Bread
The Idea Of You
The Dreaming Tree
Grey Street
Gravedigger
Money *
So Damn Lucky
Dancing Nancies
Sister +
Two Step
Crash Into Me
Anyone Seen The Bridge
Too Much
What You Are
You Might Die Trying
Encore:
Hey Hey My My ~
Tripping Billies

Guests:
All songs with Tim Reynolds
All songs with Rashawn Ross

*Pink Floyd cover
~Neil Young cover

The cover of Pink Floyd's "Money" was pretty sweet. I hadn't read anything online about this years Tour, and it was a nice surprise. I'll leave you with one more video of a live performance of another of my favorite songs.

2 Comments:

At June 11, 2008 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got to go to this. It sounds like a blast. I hope all is well with you and Chad. Talk to you soon.

Sara

 
At August 24, 2008 6:10 PM, Blogger Liza said...

so jealous. i heart me some dave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home