Day 4: Hey! What happened to Day 3?

posted by sometrouble @ 11:28 AM | Test Category Two | Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Cato and OscarMonday night after watching the very disappointing Red Wings game (*thinking: I stayed up late for THIS*) with some friends, I went over to my mom's house and crashed there. Had a very nice visit, and she made me Blueberry pancakes for breakfast.

Work yesterday was a good day, and everyone was finished early...so we all got to leave a little bit early. Unfortunately, I stayed up way too late knitting and watching TV, and now I am being rather unproductive.

Today is the first day a co-worker and I will try carpooling together. I know it is the best thing to do...but I am having a really hard time with the idea of giving up my driving freedom. I feel a sense of security knowing that my car is there, and if I needed to go anywhere, I could. Not to mention, keeping things like my knitting projects and magazines in there in case I'm bored on my breaks. Lately, (now that the weather has warmed up) I've been taking my breaks sitting in my car listening to the radio or the rain as was the case yesterday. We're not going to do it everyday; just maybe two or three days a week.

Where is the week going? I need to get up earlier if I want to get anything done. Looks like I have to close all the windows before I leave for work...yesterday it rained in a little because I forgot.

2 Comments:

At June 04, 2008 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try carrying a bag with you specifically for work things. I carry magazines, my ipod, sunglasses, a sweater, gum, granola bars... That way when Brad and I carpool I have everything I need. Besides that, I keep it next to my desk and I have everything right there. LL Bean has nice ones and they stand up on their own and don't hunch over. It helps with the "oh crap, it's in my car" statements. Just a thought.
-Jenelle

 
At June 11, 2008 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some big and happy cats. The looks on their faces look as if to say: "look, we're cuddling all right. but that doesn't mean that we necessarily have feelings for each other." aaahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home