At last!

posted by sometrouble @ 1:16 PM | Test Category Two | Thursday, June 07, 2007

We did it! We researched, hunted down, agreed on, and ordered our tub for the basement bathroom! Presenting...our Jacuzzi Mito 6!It is a 6 foot long, two person "Salon Spa" tub featuring whirlpool jets, back massage on one end, and an inline heater too keep the water warm. The Salon Spa means that it is a combination air tub with the whirlpool. I was interested in this feature, but most tubs with it are way out of our price range, unless you substitute the air for the whirlpool. We saw them demo this feature on another tub, and loved it. There is an air channel and tiny holes around the base of the tub. When turned on it creates powerful tiny bubbling sort of like boiling water. It also has Chromatherapy lights. I'm not sure exactly how cool the effect from these will be. That was a feature that I could take or leave, but it came standard on here. Surprisingly all this was affordable, too. We got a good discount through a friend, but nothing really awesome. This is the only tub in Jacuzzi's "Comfort series" that has the combination features. All their luxury tubs cost at least double. But it really seems worthy of the money, and not like they scrimped too much on the design. The biggest difference is that it is more basic looking and lacks some of the style flairs the luxury tubs have. But I could care less about that. This one was more comfortable, and the inside bottom length was longer than those.

I seriously can't wait until we get it. There's just one problem...this is the current state of the bathroom.Those specks you see in the photo that make it look like it is snowing in our basement is drywall dust. Yea, it is EVERYWHERE in my house. My husband started sanding yesterday while I was at work, and didn't think to put up plastic or cover anything that is down there. Oh well, no point in doing it now. Anyone want to earn some $$$ coming to clean my house when he's done? I'm serious. E-mail me, and we'll talk, because I seriously hate regular house cleaning...and this is going to be bad enough to warrant me paying someone else to do it. We're talking probably emptying the kitchen cupboards and wiping everything down. Any takers? Renee? :o)

4 Comments:

At June 07, 2007 3:10 PM, Blogger Allie said...

I will totally clean for money when I come and visit this summer!

Hopefully that tub will be up and running by then ;o)

 
At June 07, 2007 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I lived closer to you, I'd clean it up in exchange for just getting to soak in that AWESOME tub.

 
At June 07, 2007 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey when you guys are done, you are welcome to finish my basement! lol. Hope you get your tub soon.
-Jenelle

 
At June 11, 2007 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is gonna be such a fun tub!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home