SPF: Knobs

posted by sometrouble @ 11:36 AM | Test Category Two | Friday, April 20, 2007

I'm doing Kristine's SPF this week!
Today's topic is "knobs". While thinking about ideas, I realized how many knobs we take for granted. How would you open a door without a knob? Some knobs make a house-wife's job much easier. I decided to take a "thankfulness" twist on the theme here. So here are quite a few knobs from around my house.

This is my shiny new storm door...and its beautiful brushed nickel level. I love these levers. All our doors have brass knobs. I want to change them...but that costs a lot of $$$.

Of course, we had to change out the tarnished brass "knob" on our entry door to match the new storm door. So this is the new one. They look so nice now, I just want to paint that awful green door now.

Now here are three more knobs in my house that I am quite thankful for. I am thankful for modern conveniences like an electric stove, a dishwasher, and a clothes dryer, which make my life so much easier. Imagine what life would be like without knobs like these.
I don't know why my dryer is called a "Dry-Miser." For some reason, I just think that is kind of a funny name for an appliance. That is white paint that somehow got on the dishwasher knob when we painted the ceiling. Although, I would love a new stove. I am thankful that this one is in good working order.

Did YOU play?

12 Comments:

At April 20, 2007 12:31 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Great Knobs!!!

(And great minds think alike, dryer knobs!)

 
At April 20, 2007 12:47 PM, Blogger Bella said...

Thanks for stopping by!

 
At April 20, 2007 12:57 PM, Blogger Addy said...

Nice knobs.

 
At April 20, 2007 1:13 PM, Blogger Tina said...

Hey, like the second pic. And nice that you´ve post more pics.

Happy SPF and thanks for stopping by..

 
At April 20, 2007 1:28 PM, Blogger Jenny B said...

I love the knob on your storm door. So classy! I played.

 
At April 20, 2007 1:37 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

My appliances all have buttons, not knobs. I didn't think of the laudry appliances though, they probably have knobs. Good thinking. Thanks for stopping by.

 
At April 20, 2007 1:48 PM, Blogger tommie said...

Mr Clean eraser will take that paint off....love your door!!

Thanks for stopping by.

happy friday.

 
At April 20, 2007 2:39 PM, Blogger Connie T. said...

Nice pictures of your knobs. Thanks for stopping by. I have door levers like that all over my house. I love them too.

 
At April 20, 2007 4:06 PM, Blogger san said...

I love the lever... :) Over in Germany, we don't have door knobs but only levers :)

Happy SPF and thanks for stopping by mine :)

 
At April 20, 2007 4:55 PM, Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Nice collection of knobs!

I played ... my tame (aka boring) one is up.

 
At April 20, 2007 10:52 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I also hate the brass. Ugh. Brushed nickel is the way to go. I played!

 
At April 20, 2007 11:16 PM, Blogger Terry said...

Those were lovely knobs. I wish there were more curved handles in my life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home