catch up

posted by sometrouble @ 3:41 PM | Test Category Two | Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I feel like I can't get enough sleep lately. I wake up everyday feeling like I can't get my eyes to stay open. When I get up, I wander around the house having a hard time sticking to a task. I plan many things to accomplish in the day...and can't get going on any of them. I blame it on the husband. He is a big distraction...he has plans of his own for the day...and usually has some idea of what he feels I should do with the day too. He throws a big monkey wrench in my plans...then goes off to work at 2:00 and leaves me with a day half gone and none of my stuff accomplished. Also, I am alone. Which I don't like so much. It puts me in a bad mood day after day. I love seeing him more...and having mornings together, now that I am not working. But I hate being alone for 8 hours a day, 6 days in a row.

Too often, on his days off, he gets busy with a project, and spends all day doing it. It seems like I see him even less on those days. Last night after dinner, I asked him to come sit on the couch with me and just watch TV together and relax for an hour. He said he wanted to finish organizing the garage (which he had been at all day)...and that he only had a little left, then he would spend time with me. More than two hours later, he finally comes in at 10:30 PM...now there is nothing worth watching on TV, and I want to pick up a little in the kitchen. So much for spending some time together.

Today, he's been running around getting a workbench for the garage from a friend, picking up another friend to help him move it, dropping that friend back off at home, then running down to his mom's to get her so he can pick up his truck from the body shop (it was there because of me...whoops). Running to his Uncle's where we used to live...and a few other places...and when he gets back, we are going to have dinner and play cards with friends.

Tomorrow he is back to work again until next Wednesday.

Oh, and Caramel Apple Dip is a wonderful thing! That is all.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At January 24, 2007 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just have to make time to be together. Schedule a board game, a drive, a walk, or a bath (tee hee).

Also.. you're not working? That sounds pretty good to me right now...

 
At January 24, 2007 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes what is with this not working business? I found it to be delightful, yet boring after awhile. Being alone no es bueno.

Micah and I have had to schedule time to be together. We realized that we scheduled activities, friends, and other things into our lives and we gave each other backseat priority for time spent together. I highly recommend coming up with some "you guys" time and sticking to it. Good luck!

 
At January 24, 2007 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, that is why I like Brad on mids and me on days. He does his erronds while I'm working/sleeping and I do mine while he is working/sleeping. This way we have time to actually spend together. Try telling Chad, the garage can wait and that YOU are the priority now. The garage/workbench/lawn/erronds will be there tomorrow. Once he realizes that YOU are now the priority, he may start slowly changing his ways. Just keep that in mind for yourself too. Besides that, try doing what you can while he's at work that way, you can expand your time. Don't worry, you'll figure out ways! Miss you guys! -Jenelle

 
At January 24, 2007 11:29 PM, Blogger Allie said...

Sorry to hear you guys aren't seeing a lot of each other. Other commenters have left some good suggestions. Hope something works. I wish I could offer some advice but I am still single...

And I'm also wondering about the not working thing. Are you taking up more full time with your photography?

 
At January 25, 2007 1:30 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Ah, that sounds relaxing... but I don't know how long I'd be able to do it. Two months of unemployment was about all I could take.

I, too, tend to get very involved in my time off. It's a tough compromise. Somehow I end up feeling like I have too much alone time and not enough!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home