TGIF

posted by sometrouble @ 10:04 AM | Test Category Two | Friday, December 01, 2006

orchid
I am so glad it is Friday. I caught a bit of a cold from my sister last weekend while traveling and sharing living quarters with her in my family's lake cottage in Northern Michigan. I have had stuffed up sinuses and a congested chest cough for the better part of the week. I am feeling much much better now though. Compared to the last time I was sick, this cold is nothing.

The photo above is a macro of one of five or six orchids we keep in our lab here at work. It is a Doritaenopsis "Aposya", which is a hybrid cross between a Phalaenopsis and a Doritis. Right now, we have a Colmanara Wildcat "Okika" blooming for the first time. The flowers are very strange looking...I will have to get pictures of those, too.

I missed my little kitten buddy this morning in the bathroom as I got ready for work. Every morning he lays in the sink while I shower, then plays behind the shower curtain while I dry my hair. Today, however, he was already gone when I got up. My husband dropped him off at the vet's this morning. He is getting his manhood taken away. I feel bad for the little guy...he is going to stay overnight at the veterinarian's office. I can't wait to get him back and have him feeling better. Right now, I am waiting for the vet's office to call me and let me know they are all done.

We are supposed to get "slammed" by a winter storm today. It has been raining all morning, any minute now it is supposed to turn to sleet and then snow. If the weather gets really bad, I may head out of work early just to try to make it home in under 2 hours. I live about 30 minutes north of work, which is already a bit north of Detroit...and they are saying it will hit worst in Detroit's northern suburbs.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At December 01, 2006 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay safe out there!

 
At December 01, 2006 12:54 PM, Blogger sometrouble said...

Thanks allie! I will!

 
At December 01, 2006 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be safe! We were reading the news about the weather out your way. Sounds pretty ugly :-(

 
At December 02, 2006 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aws my kitties keep me company during the morning bathroom routine too. All good domestic puppies and kitties must have their reproductiveness taken away, for the greater good. He will be okay, I remember being told that it is a simple process, much less invasive than it is for the females.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home