I think I'm dying

posted by sometrouble @ 10:46 AM | Test Category Two | Thursday, November 02, 2006

Sick. Still.

October 1st: My friend, Renee came over to our new house to help me organize the kitchen. She warned me that she had a cold. I took my chances.

October 4th: We spent the whole day busy moving. Making trips back and forth the 20+ miles between the old apartment and the new house. On the go constantly and eating junk.

October 6th: I started to feel the telltale scratchy throat and runny nose. It progressed over the weekend.

October 11th: Felt the worst so far, stayed home sick from work. Went back the next day. Gradually felt a little better by the end of the weekend.

October 18th: Thought I was on the mend. Intense sore throat and general ickiness began. Suspected low fever by achy limbs and chills. Didn't own a thermometer to confirm.

October 19th: Much worse than previous day. Stayed home from work again. Found out Renee was still sick and had needed antibiotic to kick it. Going on two weeks sick for me. Went to doctor's. Hubby also went to his doctor, since by now he was sick and miserable too. Bronchitis is going around, apparently. We both got put on a 10 day course of antibiotic.

October 20th: Stayed home sick again. Antibiotic on an empty tummy...not good things were happening at 5 am. Gradually started feeling better over the next week. Still waking up feeling like crap and all stuffed up, though. Noticed I was having more headaches...especially at night and in the morning.

October 29th: Finished antibiotics. Better but not great.

November 1st: Throat feeling tight and sore-ish. Sinus pressure and pain. Body very sore and tired feeling.

November 2nd: Woke up stuffed up. Sore throat AGAIN. Feeling chest congestion...and definitely not well. Very worn out.

When will this end? I have been sick for about a MONTH! I have never been sick this long in my life. I just want to be better. I don't know if it is all the same thing, or the bugs are just piling up on top of each other. I'm debating whether I should go to the doctor's again. Renee thinks I should, if the antibiotic didn't knock it out. I don't know that my doc will really be able to do anything...she'll probably just write it off as cold and flu season. A co-worker suggested I check my house for poisonous gas levels such as radon. He also mentioned that paint gives off all kinds of nasty chemicals as it dries. We did repaint almost the whole house when we moved in. We just finished up the kitchen and the second coat in the bathroom last week. A few people have suggested a humidifier to help with the morning stuffiness. I will probably go pick one up.

I'm just sick of being sick!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At November 02, 2006 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FEEL BETTER!! :D

 
At November 02, 2006 9:01 PM, Blogger Allie said...

Aww, my poor emily! I wish I could come and take care of you.

Sounds like Krissy has been sick for awhile and gave whatever she had to Jeff. Are you sure you don't have mono or something?

...and I'm sorry if you do! I apoplogize!

 
At November 02, 2006 9:02 PM, Blogger Allie said...

that's supposed to be "I apologize"

 
At November 03, 2006 9:26 AM, Blogger sometrouble said...

emily: Thanks! I'm trying!

allie: I think I gave it to Krissy and Chad both...and then Krissy gave it to Jeff. But really, it is all Renee's fault. :o) I love her anyway, though. Any why do you "apoplogize"? You didn't do anything. Although, being sick so long did make me think about you, because you always get really knocked out with something nasty when you catch it.

 
At November 06, 2006 3:52 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Honey, that sounds like my first semester of school last year. Strep, bronchitis and pneumonia. Almost THREE MONTHS of lingering cough, sinus congestion and sore throat. I totally understand how miserable you are and I send you love and kisses and all the healing energy I can muster. I hope you get better soon! Drink as much water as your body can take, and get some packets of Emergen-C to help boost your immune system so you don't keep getting sicker. Kick those microbes' asses!

Love you much! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home