OMG moving day!

posted by sometrouble @ 6:33 PM | Test Category Two | Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I was informed late this morning by my husband over the phone, while I was at work, that he was planning to move our bed, dressers, couch, and other big furniture to the house TOMORROW. 11 AM I was told. 6 hours left to be stuck at work stressing about how the heck I am going to get EVERYTHING ELSE we own packing in an organized fashion before 7 AM tomorrow, and still have any energy left for tomorrow.

I went and got myself a 20 oz. Carmel High Rise from Caribou Coffee...which is basically a caramel latte with whipped cream. At this point, my attitude is: SCREW IT. I will do what I can, I am taking tomorrow off work...and will take Thursday off too if I have to.

Now I am realizing that I don't have any real photos showing our apartment...the first place we lived together. This makes me sad. I'm with Lazy Lightning in that I love to have pictures of EVERYTHING. I'm just not nearly as organized with mine as she is. I'm hoping to change that when we get moved in, and I have my desktop computer back. Now almost all my photos are on my hard drives. I want to print them, organize them, and album them. My parents took many photos as I was growing up...but the albums fizzle out somewhere around age 4 for me, I think. I always wanted to see photos of this or that...or their first apartment (where I was born) or the kitties they had when I was little and can't remember. Anyway...the apartment is a DISASTER right now...in no shape for photo taking. And there are empty boxes piled everywhere. I will just have to make the best of it, and take some while I'm packing things.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At October 03, 2006 8:06 PM, Blogger nodakademic said...

Hurray for photos! I am glad I'm not the only one who wished for more 'pre-me' photos from family!

It's never too late to start!

 
At October 03, 2006 8:13 PM, Blogger sometrouble said...

yes it's under way...i'm using the self timer to "stage" photos that look natural like we're living here. i've gotta get chad to be more into picking up the camera just to capture the moment.

 
At October 04, 2006 1:19 AM, Blogger Allie said...

Good luck with moving! Don't forget to have fun settling in too. And gimme your addy so I can mail you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home