Everything is colored!

posted by sometrouble @ 9:53 AM | Test Category Two | Thursday, September 28, 2006

Since the weekend our crazy business has continued. We painted, painted, and painted. We got the guest bedroom all done, the living room ceiling and walls have each received one coat of paint in their original color just to make it look nicer. The hallway got the same treatment. Both bathroom ceilings got re-painted white. Painted one coat on the bathroom walls. Painted one coat on the master bedroom walls. Bought paint for ALL the trim in the house.

We still need to: Put up two ceiling fans. Paint the kitchen ceiling and walls with one coat of white. Paint ALL the trim. Second coat the master bedroom. Second coat (repair?) of the bathroom. We have an appointment for carpet cleaning on Friday. Then we can move in!

I will post photos of all the rooms later on. Right now, it's all about the bathroom. I said "repair" above...because I think the color needs fixing.
dancing greenRemember the "dancing green" color from the last post? That was the color we picked for the bathroom. The online color isn't exactly like what the card from the store looks like...but close. I wanted a fresh spring green type of color. Something in between pastel baby green and lime green. I thought this was the right color...it looked good on the card. However, bathroom's are small...and whatever color you use, that's a lot of color in one small space. I brushed a little on one spot on the wall...and still couldn't imaging the effect of the whole room being painted. My grandmother and aunt both said at separate times that they weren't sure about it. But I didn't listen...and Chad's mom kept reassuring me that it would be fine and that once I get the mirror up and put a shower curtain and towels in there, it would tone it down.
So we painted.
And I hate it.
As we were painting, I thought this isn't so bad...it looked much lighter (as most paint does when it is wet). Then as it dried, and I kept going to look at it...it was getting more and more fluorescent each time I looked at it! Chad wanted to go ahead with the second coat...and then change it later on if we don't like it. I told him I DON'T like it...and we might as well change it now. We have a half a gallon of paint left...so I was thinking about just mixing some white to what we've got and if it's better, put that up. That would save us from having to buy a whole new gallon. I have to see what can be done today. But it is not staying like this.
MIL painting, see how light it looks in the corner where it is wet? green greeeeeeeen

.~:~:~.
On a completely un-related note:
Some people should not be allowed to have babies until they get some common sense. I saw a woman walking with a stroller down the sidewalk this morning on my way to work...I wish I'd taken a photo. The temperature this morning was 49 degrees F according to the radio. She was wearing jeans and a thick flannel long-sleeved shirt. Guess what she dressed her kid in? Shorts and a T-shirt. He was sitting there with his bare legs and only socks hanging from the stroller in 49 degree weather! I don't know what goes through some people's heads.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 13, 2006 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Raises her hand* I really like the bathroom colors!

 
At October 16, 2006 9:09 AM, Blogger sometrouble said...

Honestly...it is kinda growing on me...or maybe I'm just beginning to not really mind (or care), we still haven't done anything to it...we just shut the door...and are using the other bathroom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home