making progress

posted by sometrouble @ 1:22 PM | Test Category Two | Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Sorry for the absence lately...since we moved I can no longer get the internet from a neighbor. (I know, bad bad bad.) So we have placed an order for our own service, because I CAN'T live without it! Honestly, I can't. Besides the blogging, and fun stuff...I can always get my email almost daily at work. But it's the little convienances like the online yellow pages when you want to find the closest chinese restaraunt, or getting directions or a map to somewhere, or checking a store's hours before I head out the door, or even researching our options for GETTING the internet that I really miss. We got a phone line hooked up last week, and will be getting painfully slow DSL, the cheapest speed they offer (for now) 786 kbps download. We will see how that goes and maybe upgrade the speed, or switch to cable if/when we get cable TV.

Chad dug out our sump pump drainage pipe, and replaced it with a bigger one. He should be filling in the giant trench as I'm writing this. His mom came out to the house yesterday and finished painting the trim work that hadn't been done yet. She painted the kitchen ceiling a fresh coat of white, and also painted the second coat of green (see this post) on the bathroom. I gave in, and since we hadn't purchased any more paint for the room...and I am sick of having only one bathroom, and it being in our bedroom, I let her do the second coat. I still don't LOVE it, but maybe I can make it work. If not, it's getting covered! I will just be happy to have that room in comission, and not have to worry about painting it.

I still have LOTS of boxes to unpack, and TONS of other things to do...but it is coming together, finally.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At October 24, 2006 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't live CANT LIVE without internet at home. I mean, I ordered our new internet service three weeks before we moved last time to make sure they'd be able to install it the DAY we got our keys.

 
At October 24, 2006 2:52 PM, Blogger sometrouble said...

I would have done the same...except I had to convince the hubby that we NEEDED it. He seemed to think if we had the internet, that I would not put anything away at the house, and just waste away my home hours on there. lol.

 
At October 26, 2006 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He can put stuff away too, he's got capable hands! (That'd be my answer. haha)

But CZ would know better with me, as a me without internet is not a happy, cooperative or productive me!

 
At October 26, 2006 11:40 AM, Blogger sometrouble said...

haha! He would argue that he doesn't know where I want anything. Which is kinda a valid point...cause I'm the one who needs to be able to find the iron, or the food processor...and much of the most recent stuff we moved that is still in boxes came from my mom's house and is all my old stuff.
at least we are *supposed* to be getting it tomorrow...(fingers crossed)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home