*wants*

posted by sometrouble @ 12:19 AM | Test Category Two | Wednesday, September 20, 2006


Two days until we get the keys to the new house! Then the work will commence, so we can get things in order to move in. I suppose I should start packing things up in the apartment...

I need to take a week off to sort, box, pack, clean, paint, shop, haul, arrange, unpack, organize, assemble, and notify. There are so many things to think about when moving besides just relocating you stuff. We have already notified the utility companies to change things into our name on friday. I have changed my billing adress with my credit card...but nothing else yet. We still each have some bills going to our parents houses, because it was easier to just switch once, than have to worry about collecting important mail from the apartment after we move. So those need to be switched now. We both had to get new drivers licenses with new pictures and everything; me because I changed my name when we married, and him because his expired. So they both have our apartment address...so we will get address change stickers on them. We have to look into putting our vehicles on our homeowner's insurance policy...because it might save us $$$ to have all 3 with one provider, and we are moving considerably further away from the city of detroit than we ever lived before...and that makes your car insurance drop a lot because of auto theft rates. Everyday I think of something else that has to be done...then forget what it was because I don't write it down.

We have a short list of things that need to be done to the house...preferably before we move in. Like paint the two bedrooms, remove wallpaper and paint the bathroom, paint the living room ceiling, and clean the carpets. Not too much.

There there's a long list of things we *WANT* to do to the house...some as soon as possible...and some down the road. General maintenance things that hold some importance like: seal the blacktop on the driveway, repair a non-functioning electrical outlet on the back porch, and sealing the seams between the poured basement walls and the cinderblocks on top of them (that gives us our 10 foot basement ceiling) on the outside with tar to prevent any water seepage. Finally, there are the things that hold less immediate necessity and are mainly just desires: replace ugly chandelier light over kitchen table with a ceiling fan, get a new stove, get a chest freezer, finish the basement, strip and refinish the doorwall, build a deck in backyard, build a shed in backyard, and get a new refridgerator and put the old one in garage for extra space.

Then there's our personal *wants*; which in most cases, we can't agree on. Chad wants to built a horseshoe pit in the backyard, which I don't really want because I don't think he will really use it all that much. I have been saying since we started looking for a house that I would like to have a pergola...he doesn't like this idea for some reason (I don't know why) and doesn't want one. I'm trying to work a compromise here. I will stop arguing the horshoe pit if he will be agreeable to my pergola. We'll see what happens.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 21, 2006 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay congrats on your house! I really like the idea of a pergola. Best of luck with the moving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home