You guys are sharp!

posted by sometrouble @ 4:59 PM | Test Category Two | Thursday, January 25, 2007

Everyone picked up on the one little line I mentioned in the last post about the thing I hadn't been talking about...me not working. I thought I could just mention it in passing, and not draw too much attention. Nope. You all are too sharp for me! Not that it is really a big secret or anything, though.

That's right, I am no longer working (for the moment). It is a complicated situation, which I would rather not talk about here. However, I will say that I did not leave on bad terms, neither am I exactly unhappy to be not working at the moment. And one last thing...in case anyone was thinking that the reason I had to leave my last job where I worked with hazardous, vaporous chemicals was because of me being pregnant...I am not...nor did I think I was. Hubby and I are not ready for that just yet.

I have been "blissfully unemployed" since January 5th. That is not to say that I am not busy...we have plenty to work on around the house. Also, I have been getting a little more into setting up my photography side business. And I am looking for another job. But, honestly I am enjoying feeling like I have time and energy to accomplish regular things at home now. Chad wants me to start working again as soon as possible. I want to get some things in order first, including organizing our tons of stuff that we merged when we got married (and getting rid of a lot of it). So I am splitting my time between that and pursuing a new job.

Thanks everyone for the good suggestions on getting more time together. I will try to have set plans for us to spend some time. It is just a little different than I thought it would be, being home. I thought it would be perfect...but surprisingly, I miss having work to go to everyday for a little while. I did feel overwhelmed before though. So hopefully, I can get this place under control...then go back to work...and not feel so stressed.

I got to go up north with my mom and sister for the weekend to the lake chalet, which my grandparents purchased this summer. It was beautiful. They had more snow up there than we have here. It was a real winter wonderland. Chad had to work, so he couldn't come with us. The three of us went out to play in the snow. We brought a plastic sled we got several years ago (and was really too small for any of us) and found a little (but steep) hill on the side of the dirt road to climb up and sled down. The steepness and the too small sled resulted in much tumbling out of the sled and down the "hill." It was great fun. Except the part where I landed on both my knees on the snow covered dirt road. The ski-pants I was wearing helped pad them a little...but they both have nasty bruises.

I really love the chalet...it is a really restful place to visit. I can't wait until my cousins from Washington (Numine, Anonymity's Name, and Titania) get to experience it.Ok, I am off to go see DELIRIUM, a Cirque du Soleil live music concert with my mom, aunts, grandma, and cousin. (That's my grandma's Christmas present from all of us.) I am excited, it should be good! (Better be for $72 a ticket!)

Labels:

7 Comments:

At January 25, 2007 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of your little winter-weekend-getaway! I still need to come visit to see this new chalet.

 
At January 25, 2007 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also...is that "katie" the stove?

 
At January 25, 2007 11:28 PM, Blogger sometrouble said...

yes, that is "katie":o) Be here the weekend of February 8th through 11th...Chad and I are probably going up then. You can come too...you do have a pink rhinestone, after all!

 
At January 26, 2007 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the not working thing. I hope everythings ok!

I know how nice it is to have the time off, but it does get old after a while!

Good luck with the organizing stuff. Talk to you later!

 
At January 28, 2007 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things will work themselves out, professionally. You'll get a job and get stuff done when you are supposed to. Have fun in the snow!

P.S. One more little thing that I've noticed: your 'About Me' still says that you are "still searching for the perfect house to settle down in". Are you looking at buying a SECOND house this year? ;)

 
At January 29, 2007 2:18 PM, Blogger sometrouble said...

Wow, Rachel, you ARE REALLY sharp! I never look at that section. No, we are not that crazy to buy two houses in one year.

 
At January 30, 2007 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the black and white of the "winter wonderland" type shot. I'd love a copy for our new house... if we ever get it! Hope all is well and talk to you soon!
-Jenelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home