living situation

posted by sometrouble @ 5:04 PM | Test Category Two | Friday, May 05, 2006

As time before the wedding got shorter and shorter, we abandoned the idea of finding and closing on a house with enough time to move in a be somewhat settled before the big day. Instead, we spoke with Chad's uncle who has a house with a vacant upstairs flat. It is in a pretty cool old neighborhood, and within walking distance to downtown Royal Oak. I am pretty excited about the location...and excited to have something planned for sure. As it started sinking in though, I realized it is going to be close quarters...and that I'm sure I will be tired of such a small space very soon. But for now, I am thrilled about it, and can't wait to move in. I think I'm going to start carting some necessities over there this weekend...mainly for the reason, that the next two weeks will be very busy with my cousins flying in, and whatnot. I don't want to spend the last few days before the wedding frantically trying to get the place livable. We are entering into this with "short term" in mind. That means, there are alot of things we will try to get by without. I am going to have to resist my creative urges to decorate...since it will all be changing (hopefully) in a few months. My grandmother decided she wanted new furniture, and has generously given us her 6 year old couch, which is in very good shape. We are supposed to move it Monday...I hope we can get it up the stairs without too much trouble. She also gave us a lazy-boy chair, which I have always loved sitting in. Unfortunately, I believe the uncle has a "no pets policy" so we will not be able to get a cat until we get our own place. Hopefully, I will not get too lonely in the evenings by myself when Chad is at work. I can't believe it...only two more weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home