crabs anyone?

posted by sometrouble @ 12:29 AM | Test Category Two | Wednesday, March 22, 2006

You find some weird things in a Japanese grocery store. My sushi-loving co-worker and I have decided to try some strange new thing each time we go there. Our first adventure was with these:



Your guess is as good as mine as to what is involved in this snack (beside little tiny whole crabs). I was the first one to try one...cause I wanted to save some sushi to chase it in case they were terrible. Which turned out to be a smart plan, since they weren't great...Kwesi ate his last, and claims to have tasted it for at least two hours.
Opening the package unleashed a very strong smell like a bucket of crab shells from last night's (or last week's) all-you-can-eat crab dinner. The taste wasn't repulsive...but not good either. The best I can describe it...is it tastes like the Hippo House at the Detroit Zoo smells. Ick. Here are some detailed photos of the "snacks" for your enjoyment...too bad you can't try one.

Click to zoom


P.S. We are not buying the gorgeous house. Chad is a mold nazi. We fought over the weekend about it, but we did come to a compromise. But I am still very sad. :o(

4 Comments:

At March 22, 2006 4:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, sorry to hear about not getting the house! I know you guys will find something that is perfect for both of you! Keep yur hopes up!

 
At March 22, 2006 2:42 PM, Blogger Liz said...

sorry about the house.

Those are some nasty looking crabs...

 
At March 25, 2006 11:00 AM, Blogger Matsby said...

You could not pay me to eat tiny crabs that have what looks like blisters on them. And as for the house, I say you just start out renting for a while since it might not last very long with chad. Good luck with your crabs though!

 
At March 30, 2006 3:27 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Mmm, I love those crabs. And they eat nasty dried fishes and squid, too. I'd take the crabs over those. At least they're crunchy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home